PiBoIdMo


This month I've participated in the PiBoIdMo or Picture Book Idea Month. The goal is to come up with 30 ideas for picture books by November 30. At first, I thought, why that's easy-peasy! I'm always coming up with fantastic ideas. Ha! At about idea 18 or so, I hit a wall. I would come up with what I thought was a brilliant concept, only to do a little research and find that someone else had already written it.

So, while I was on Amazon, I came up with a way to brainstorm. I would simply read titles. No descriptions. It's amazing how a good title can spark other ideas. Then I'd go back to read about the books, and rarely - simply from a title, did my idea match what the other author had written. It was fun way to research what was already out there while I brainstormed. As always - I'm multi-tasking.

The challenge is over for 2011, but if you write for children, you should consider participating next year. I'm glad I did!

Here's the link to the blog. Tara Lazar has posted many great interviews and tips from authors.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...